Optical Gel is a multi-sensory bird repellent that deters birds using sight, smell and touch.
SIGHT · Dishes appear to be extremely detrimental to their safety (akin to fire or smoke) and avoid immediately.
SMELL · They can't stand the citronella and peppermint oil smell which to us is pleasant.
TOUCH · They avoid sticky material (in the unlikely event they touch it).
EASY TO INSTALL
Simply remove covers from dishes and glue, magnetically stick or zip-tie to the affected area.
- Where to Use: ledges, signs, balconies, soffits, beams, skylights, signs, roofs, HVAC equipment, enclosed spaces, etc.
- Target Bird: All species
- Material: Citronella, peppermint oil, agar, beeswax
- Installation: Dishes are glued to the surface, magnetically affixed to metal or zip-tied to a tubular or unusually-shaped base.
- Installation Level: Easy
- Very Discreet: Dishes are only 2-1/2 in. diameter and 1/4 in. tall
- How it Works: Deters birds by using sight, smell and touch. Birds see fire or smoke, although there isn't any. They dislike the scent of peppermint oil. The gel is sticky if they do touch it.
- Safe for the environment: made of all-green ingredients
- Longevity: dishes are effective for 2 - 4 years.
Click to download more information on Optical Gel / Case Study / Installation Guide